LilySlim - Weight loss

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Weight, Food, How it Went Eating on the Road

My weight had stabilized around 180 / 181 before we hit the road. I did eat some crap, i.e., non-protein or fat-heavy foods, while gone, and this is how it went:

I really love those Lay's Wavy Truffle Fries potato chips, especially with some ranch dip. Oh my. I hope they don't discontinue those, so good. I had those in the car for periodic snacks.

Any restaurants we ate at I generally ate protein, eggs, fish, and so on.

At my sister's place? Notsomuch. It was her birthday and instead of going out, they ordered pizza--four pizzas, one with sausage, pepperoni, ground beef for her husband and I, different for the others. She also sent him out to get a cake (because duh he forgot. What is it with men?). So I had two slices of absolutely fabulous hand-tossed, fresh mozzarella, meat intensive pizza. Delicious. I also had cake, dark chocolate with whipped cream frosting. Fantastic. I had two more pieces over the next three days. I had leftover pizza for lunch a couple of times. We ate out a bunch of times (protein intensive but some carbs like fish tacos on corn tortillas), and basically just enjoyed ourselves. Oh, for breakfast, I had her take me to Safeway where I stocked up on Greek yogurt and cottage cheese for breakfast. Good idea as they seem to be "you're on your own" for breakfast, and my sister did not appear to eat much breakfast, some toast or a banana. She's way too thin IMHO.

Anyway, so I was wondering what the scale would say when I got home. So the morning after we got home (after that excruciating train trip), I got on the scale:  180 lbs. HA!  That's the DS for you. And none of those carbs gave me the runs, either, as usual, and for which I will be eternally grateful because it would've been embarrassing as hell to have the shits in front of four other people. UGH.

So this week I've been back on the protein / clean eating wagon, and as of this morning I'm back to 174. Nice.

I'm happy to stop here, but we'll see. My husband just left for up north to attend parent / teacher night at his new school tomorrow night--again, as a volunteer--and we loaded up the van with all his dress clothes, teaching materials, whatever he thought he needed, so since he's gone...I got some Asian food to go. He hates Asian food. I'm currently having hot & sour soup, and some sliced beef bulgoki is waiting for me for later. Yee ha. He'll be back this weekend. He has two dock jobs, one on Friday, one on Saturday.

Yes, he's been working a lot and busy. I, on the other hand, handle everything at home--cleaning, laundry, organizing, cooking. He does nothing. I do it. I feel it's only fair since I don't have a job/job, but honestly, he wouldn't do it anyway, so whatever. LOL Regardless, things get handled.

So here are a few pics:

Me, at the beginning of the train trip. I did not look like this nine hours later, I assure you.

We were wandering around Target the other night, well, I was, while my husband used the Internet, they have very fast WiFi at Target. And a Starbucks. Everything I need all in one place. *grin*

So I was purusing the clearance racks in the clothing department because yes, I am a clothes horse / addict, (my limit was $10-) and I saw myself in a full length mirror. At first I was like, really? Is my butt / thighs that small? So I started taking a bunch of pictures and this is the best of the lot. Not of my face, but the rest of me. And those are my $4- Goodwill discovery black capris with tiny little embroidered pink dragonflies all over them...size 14. LOL  I last wore that in 8th grade. Now remember, I'm 5'10" and a big woman, so that is a good size and weight for me. I'm happy to be at this size. I can still shop in the normie sized sections. And FWIW, I did score a cute grey v-neck t-shirt with woodpeckers all over it for $4.50. I'll get a picture up later. It's cute, I'm waring it now. And strangely enough, we saw a juvenile woodpecker in our yard as we were having dinner out on the patio last night. I made us both big salads. Mine had diced ham, sharp cheese, a boiled egg, bacon bits, 1/2 an avocado, bleu cheese crumbles, lettuce, green olives, diced pepperoncini, and Ranch dressing. R's had no ham, no olives, no pepperoncini, dried cranberries, walnuts, croutons, and French dressing. He's a semi-vegitarian. They were good dinners and I was stuffed afterward. We weren't able to get a picture of the woodpecker, but he was really beautiful. I hope he comes out. The heat has been over 100 degrees and although I can no longer afford to feed the birds, I do make sure they have clean water every day. The heat is miserable. Today, however, it's cooler (85 ish), overcast and spitting rain. Cool! I'm hoping for some thunderstorms. I just love those.

So weight loss journey continues. Now my goal is to maintain it. I know a lot of people who have regained and although I'm sure a little bit will happen as my DS "ages," I never want to be over 300 pounds, or anywhere close to that, ever again. As soon as I get this anemia thing under control, I'm going to start exercising again. Right now just walking around Target holding onto a card made me exhausted. (See next post on doc appointments).

So this is the new me, I hope for the rest of my life. I'm good with it.

Oh, here's a good pic of my sister and I. We really look a like now that I've dropped so much weight. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment