Tuesday, August 25, 2015

A Recipe: Floginard

I know, I'm very behind. I've been traveling, busy, doctor appointments galore, and getting my husband ready to go up north to his new job (laundry, ironing, looking for classroom supplies in storage). I'll catch up later today. In the meantime, I made this what looked to be wonderful recipe from Better Homes and Gardens. I love that magazine--I've been getting it for about 25 years. Shiny, glossy pictures. Ooooh.

So here is the recipe:

I made a few changes to make it DS friendly. I subbed out the sugar with baking Splenda (Stevia just cooks out), and skipped the crust.


This is what is should have looked like. You see where I'm going with this, right?



This is what mine looked like. My husband and I each had a piece with lots of whipped cream and well, as he said, it was "meh."  Bland. Very bland. 
Also? The recipe says to "spread the batter over the berries."  Uh, it's more like cookie dough, a firm, thick cookie dough, and ain't no 'smoothing' going on. More like drop in balls and flatten.  If "IF" I were to make this again, I would add more liquid like milk or cream, more sweetener, and put all the berries on the bottom. (I used frozen. They just hold together better during baking).
I'll eat it because I hate to waste food, especially dear berries, but it doesn't inspire.

One last thing, this is called an "NSV", non-surgical victory in the weight loss surgery community. (And seriously? It is a surgical victory. Without the DS surgery, this wouldn't happen, so I'm not sure why they're called 'NSVs.' Just sayin'.) This is me, wrapped in a towel. I don't think I've done that since junior high. (Ignore my dirty bathroom mirror--it's been too hot to clean or, well, anything.)



No comments:

Post a Comment