Monday, June 9, 2014

I Made it Safely to SoCal With Two Cats and a Vanload of my Stuff

The weather is much nicer here--80s versus over 100? I'll take it.

It was a bittersweet and physically and emotionally difficult trip.

My mom is not 100% and has major memory issues. I'm working with all kinds of professionals to get her as well as we can. She can walk and dress herself and use the bathroom, but she's dizzy and unstable. One day at a time. Sometimes one minute at a time.

My eating has been fine, I haven't dug out my scale yet, so I don't know if I'm down any weight but my underwear and spandex-added jean capris are having trouble staying up, so I'm going to say I'm smaller even if my weight isn't down.

I'm heading to the store now for both of us, I'll focus on protein and soups for both of us.

I'm tired, overwhelmed, and could really use a drink or five, but I'm hanging in.

I'll post when I can--no Internet at mom's place.


No comments:

Post a Comment