Monday, April 6, 2015

Haggard

This is how I look most of the time: tired, droopy, fuzzy, sallow, and haggard. I don't like it. And having others tell me I look "healthy"  and "great" feels like a knife in the gut. I look neither. I look ragged...rode hard and put away wet.


Granted, this was also a weekend where I grieved with my mother over the loss of her darling kitty, Mr. Boo; visited my father-in-law (FIL) at the spinal center at the VA (talk about a dose of reality. Those guys/gals are BRAVE.); deal with my BIL's and MIL's selfish, narcissistic, dysfunctional kind of crazy (*rolleyes*); drove hundreds of miles, sometimes in miserable traffic=exhausted.

Also? Even though I look like the above most of the time? Inside? I feel great. But the above picture is the truth. I look rundown. Maybe I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment