Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Sunglasses

I usually buy my sunglasses at the dollar store because I lose them easily. I just get a big pair that fits over my regular glasses.

In Target on Monday--my husband need some heavyduty bandwidth for downloading videos for his classroom--so I wandered around to see what I could see.

The last thing I looked at was some sunglasses. I'd seen the style before and I tried them on (over my glasses). They fit like a glove. In the mirror, they looked cute. I took a selfie in them. UGH I thought I looked ridiculous. I put them back and walked away.

That night, I looked at the selfie again: Not too bad. In fact, pretty good. Awesome even. I knew we were going back to Target Monday, again, for the same reason (No, we can't get Internet where we live. We tried.), and I was determined to get those sunglasses. We were at a different Target this time, and they had one pair left. I snapped them up. I lurve them. They were a lot more than I'd pay for some sunglasses, but they felt great and looked great, and if I'm careful, I'll have them a long time ($15-, but still....)

I have to have sunglasses when I'm outside or driving. It's not a nice thing, it's a must. My eyes have problems with very bright light due to my OM diagnosis and treatment in 2012, and I need UV light protection. (You can sometimes get Foster Grants at the dollar store.)

So what do you think?


In other news, I've been starving all week--no carb cravings, no period. Hmmm...--and I've been shoving in protein protein protein and fat like a maniac. I think I'm down about 9 lbs just for this week. WTH?  I'm not complaining, but I do look like an elephant in this poor stretched-out, abused skin. Whatever. My size 14 jeans are getting a little saggy in the butt.
Now if you'll excuse me, I need scrambled eggs. Ciao.
***
I figured out why they're so awesome:  STEAMPUNK SUNGLASSES!! Facepalm--but of course!




No comments:

Post a Comment