Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Hopes Shattered

Started my period this morning. So much for that (hoping for menopause to start), albeit one week late . This was, however, one of the better PMS weeks I've had since December in that I had no symptoms. None. Other than being starving, but no anger, no stress, no carb cravings. I've been loading in the protein, a LOT. And I've gone down about 9 pounds.

I also got my quarterly labs taken this morning. I've had the paperwork a week, but was either busy or too hungry to drive over for fasting labs. Got it done today. Now I have to get a copy from my doc in a week or ten days or so. Depending on how things look, I may move to bi-annual labs. We're losing our insurance July 1, and going on the exchange (or COBRA through some help-with-payments plan offered by the unemployment office here in Cali, but I didn't really understand how that works--I'll let R figure it out--he's good at untangling bureaucratic BS.), and if last time is any indicator, it will take about four months to get all signed up, insurance cards, etc. Retroactive, of course, but in the meantime, you basically have no access to care if you have no funds.

So there you have it. An update. I know how eagerly all millions of you were awaiting this news. LOL

Have a great day. I'm going to try my best to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment