Friday, May 23, 2014

A Special Kind of Stupid?

I forgot to have dinner last night.

Seriously.

As a fat girl (now in recovery), not only would I never miss dinner or any other meal, I'd have to try very hard not to have seconds or thirds.

Last night, I forgot to eat.

I was busy, doing stuff and on the net, and my stomach started growling. For a moment, I wasn't sure what it was...but yeah, definitely, I was hungry.

I had baked the chicken I'd been marinating overnight in a McCormicks brown sugar and bourbon marinade, and they smelled good, so I cut off a slice from the narrow end, about the width of two fingers, and cut it into tiny pieces and ate it. It wasn't delicious, but it was good. By the time I was done, I knew I wouldn't be able to fit in a protein shake for quite a while before bed, so I skipped my evening protein shake. I ate enough protein yesterday to choke a horse, so I'm sure it was fine, but...I did forget to eat.

Now "that" has never happened to me before. LOL

If it starts to become a regular thing, I'll set my alarm on my phone.

Also, today, my surgeon gave me the okay to eat small amounts of fruits and vegetables, one at a time, and see how I tolerate them. I had a small salad (what would fit in the palm of your hand) with Italian dressing, salami pieces, Italian ham, and black olives (all of which I've already had, leave off the tomatoes [yuck], green bell peppers [yuck again] and onions [which I've lost my taste for and hate my lower GI], and mozzerella cheese. It has been three hours, and I feel fine. We'll see what tomorrow will bring.

I would really like a strawberry. There's a stand by the highway that sells fresh from the field, non of those nasty white-topped, ripened in the truck crap. Fresh, ripe, warm berries. Well, one. For now.

Otherwise? The weird cravings have gone away although I do like my food spicy. Always have. Got worse with the diabetes (spicier!!), and that hasn't gone anywhere. The spiciness level I like, that is. The diabetes is, so far, MIA. Heh.

Don't forget to eat, dum dum. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment