Thursday, August 28, 2014

Flayling: Eating Crap...?

Well, I thought I was. Today was not a great eating day, but I decided to be brutally honest with myself and put everything into MyFitnessPal.  This is what I came up with. Today was a long day of traveling with my husband to three different job interviews miles away. (No good news, yet.)

Not as bad as I thought.

It was a long day spent in the car. I made sure to take all my vitamins. I stayed hydrated. I had four bites of a hot fudge sundae with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream (heaven).

And I still managed to stay near or at/under my goals for the day.

Totals* 1,320 59 69 110 2,475 19
Your Daily Goal 3,000 38 267 113 2,300 59
Remaining 1,680 -21 198 3 -175 40

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar


Someone on one of my DS forums said that if you are craving carbs (HI!), you need more protein. So I had a protein heavy "dinner" (I ate late):

  • 2 ounces sharp cheddar
  • 2 slices Danola Danish ham
  • 1 Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt, strawberry cheesecake flavor

That put me over the 100g mark for protein (at 107, as you can see.). I need to eat more protein. Also? My weight hasn't changed in a week, and I haven't pooped in two days. It's getting a little unbearable.

My husband just brought me a glazed/raised donut and I'm hearing and feeling gurgling and things shifting around down "there." I may try to go potty.

I ate bread yesterday--half of a Carl's Jr. Famous Star. It was delicious. I ate half on the bun, then pulled out the meat patty and ate just that for the protein.

I need my own kitchen. I don't feel like I can be in control living in someone else's house--someone who repeatedly tempts me with treats (that I constantly say NO to, but get asked over and over again); a BIL who eats leftovers from takeout (because I am not cooking in this kitchen--it's half remodeled, full of ants, a mess, and not mine--don't use that, use this; not there, here; why don't you ever...? Add a little... Etc.), R. and I could eat better if we had our own place.

Uh oh. Time to go potty. Hooray!

***

Twenty minutes later and I'm feeling much, much better. :-)

So here are my daily totals after the glazed donut:

Totals* 1,540 90 78 114 2,765 31
Your Daily Goal 3,000 38 267 113 2,300 59
Remaining 1,460 -52 189 -1 -465 28

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar


And here I'd thought I'd had such a crappy eating day--it wasn't as bad as I thought, not at all.

The guilt and beating-myself-up-stuff was getting heavy.

Whew.

~~~

That donut was A LOT of carbs and sugar, but....it got things moving. It's only my second donut in six months. For a (semi) fat girl, that's pretty damn good.















Onward!









*My "Daily Goals" are not accurate and I'm having trouble getting the numbers adjusted. Carbs should be <50; Fat 100 or less; Sugar as close to 0 as possible; Protein should be 100 to 125.

























No comments:

Post a Comment