Monday, August 4, 2014

I'm Baaaack....

Well, the power cord for my new laptop went missing about two weeks ago. I spent most of that time looking for it or hoping it would show up. I'm convinced my mother put it somewhere (this has happened before with other things. She also doesn't remember moving my stuff....).

It took me three tries and two different stores, to get the right size for my laptop--I had to pay for the brand-name, high-priced cord as the generic universal cords were all too big--of course. But it's charged and working. And so am I, LOL, at blogging.

Well, I haven't weighed myself since Tuesday as I'm at my in-laws and my scale is over at my mother's place, but the white capri pants that I bought before we went to Vegas, and that fit!! are now getting big. Sweet. It's hard to eat correctly when I move around as much as I do, but one does what one can. I try to avoid as many carbs as I can, certainly.

Shortly before the power cord went missing, I had signed up for an account with My Fitness Pal and gotten two days of eating up, and then, well, no power! So I went back to the handwritten notebook in my purse, but the last few days I haven't written anything down. I've been busy. Also? Today, for the first time!, I was able to fasten a bracelet that I purchased back in February. It looks GREAT!! Let me get a picture of it:

Isn't it cute? It reminds me of the Newgrange Megalith, which, although predates the Celts by 2500 years, does make me think of the Celts and Ireland. The green malachite stone makes it feel even more Irish to me (and yes, I am Irish...and Scottish.). I never thought about my wrist getting thinner, but evidently it has. I always wore an 8" bracelet, I'm going to guess I'm between a 7" and 7.5" wrist now, which are the most common sizes. The bracelet retailed at Macy's for $35-, Lucky Brand, my favorite jewelry brand, and I got it on eBay for $8-. Score! And it took over four months, but now it fits. *grin*

I'm still having a daily iced coffee, although now if I get one at Starbucks I ask them to make it with HWC (heavy whipping cream) and SF mocha, aka chocolate. Delish! I make them at home with half-and-half, at least until it runs out then I'll switch over to HWC (for the protein and the fat), and maybe get a bottle of SF Torani chocolate syrup in the coming days.

Here is a very nice picture of me taken in Vegas by me...LOL...if the camera weren't in the way I would use it for a new profile pic, or a secondary pic because the first one was taken on New Year's Eve and some 66 lbs ago. :D


(I lost four pounds in the two days up to pre-surgery on the doctor-requied liquid diet. One day of creamy liquids, a second day of clear liquids.). So if I go from surgery day, it's four pounds less. If I go with my last pre-surgery appointment with my surgeon, it's four pounds more.

Unfortunately, I pulled a muscle in my back as we were moving and it's gotten much, much worse. It may be the bed(s) I am sleeping on--not very supportive. It can hurt quite a bit if I move the wrong way. I shouldn't have been crowing about how walking was now painless. Ugh. Well, my spine feels okay, but the muscles just above my hip all the way to the center of my back can be very painful. BOO!

Well, that's all I've got now. If I had something to say in the last two weeks I've been offline, I can't remember what they were. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment