Sunday, September 27, 2015

Thigh Gap

I never, never had this, even in elementary school. I remember a group of us in 2nd grade sitting in a circle in the classroom and someone pointing out the size of everyone's thighs (we all wore mini-skirts in the early 70s. Anything else was square.). Mine were dubbed "the biggest", and I wasn't even overweight in 2nd grade. I was just...big. I've always been a large person. But that comment has stayed with him.

So I took this photo at my mom's about a week ago. I was sitting down, my knees were touching, and I saw the gap. I was astonished. I'm still adjusting to this "new body.


I just want to add that I'm sitting down with my legs angling up a little bit. When I'm standing, all the extra skin heads for my knees and bags up. I'll get a picture of it. It's not pretty, but, well, that's how it is. I have no desire to have surgery on my thighs. None. I'll live with it. Arms and boobs? Maybe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment