Monday, March 2, 2015

Aha!!

This is a TMI female-type post. You've been warned.


I started my period last night--the mother of all periods, OMG. I thought at first that it was early, but I looked at a calendar and it is right on time.

Oh joy.

So I'm wondering if that was the cause of all the body aches this passed Saturday?  But that doesn't explain the phlegmy cough and now mild sore throat that I woke up with.

Perhaps two different things going on? Period and sore throat/cough?

I've have spent the last ten days trying to find a female GYN. I even called my insurance company who put me on a three-way call with my "medical group" (HMO-speak for Cerberus at the gate ugh), who gave me a name that was "within the group." I called, left a voicemail, they called back, and guess what? They no longer take Blue Crotch HMO. Huh. Imagine that.

Now I have to start all over again.

I know you're wondering why a female? Two reason:

1. I'm uncomfortable with strange men looking up my hoo ha. It's my thing, that's how it is.
2. Every male GYN I've had has been an arrogant asshole. I'm not exaggerating. I can't think of one good experience I've had with a male GYN.  I had one tell me, when I was in my 20s and had had a period for 30 day--thirty days!!--examine me only to discover that I was no longer bleeding (although I had been that morning and when I had bent over from the side of the bed, blood had run down my legs and onto the floor, in that short of a time--and said, "I'm so sick and tired of these young girls coming in here because they're having a bad period!! They're is nothing wrong with you!!" I told him about the blood in the morning on the floor blah blah blah, he pulled off his gloves, snapping the fingers, made another offensive comment (I was 21-years-old, I don't remember), and stormed out.

That last one I saw last year when we were living in the Central Valley was ready to tie my tubes ASAP when what I had asked for was a thermal ablation--which he refused to do. He also asked me, FIVE TIMES, when was your last period. ???  I called to cancel the Essure appointment they had made for me, and that I was too cowed to object to--I just wanted out of there--the nurse asked me why, and I told her I wasn't comfortable with him (pushy!), and the repeating of the question. Turns out? He's hard of hearing! Uh, maybe you should look me in the face when you talk to me, or I don't know, tell me you're hard of hearing?? UGH

I found a great woman OB/GYN 25 miles away. I loved her. Blunt and to the point, she knew her business and listened to my concerns. Awesome. I'm pretty sure she was gay, but if anything, that made me like her all the more. (I've had so many gay friends over the years, my best friend from high school for example, and I've always had great relationships with both gay men and women. I am from LA, after all. :-) )

So yeah, bleeding like a stuck pig. With big chunks. *rolleyes*  I'm going to call one more female doctor whose number I have today, and then I'm at a loss. I may have to suck it up and go to a man. If that's the case, he better fucking be nice or I have no reservations about speaking my mind. It's my vagina and other bits for pete's sake.

All my life my periods were no big deal. Other than being long, typically eight days, they came and went without much trouble on my part. No cramps, backaches, or other pain. I just had to make sure I didn't stain my clothes as they were heavy.

Not anymore. I have a backache and abdominal ache, near where the thighs touch the body. Bleh.

Which g*d do I have to pray to help me find a good woman GYN?

Also need a mammogram. Note to self.

Anyone got a blueberry muffin I could have? Thanks.

*** Update ***

I have a GYN appointment. With a woman. Last week in April. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment