Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Ermergerd!! We're Off!!

Surgery--if all stays on target--is on Friday.

I woke up this morning panicked because I can no longer eat anything I want. (Which has worked out so well for me up to now. *snort*)

Then I pulled my head out of my ass and realized, that especially all the fabulous meals I'd had this weekend, that food? Was really the last thing on my mind.

I forced my Swedish crepes and snauseges down last night because I needed to eat, but they just didn't taste that good and I really didn't enjoy my meal. IHOP cannot compete with a Harris Ranch ribeye. I don't think anything can.

I'm making some cream of chicken soup, which I am straining for chunks of chicken when it's hot, and I don't really want it, but I am going to eat it because I need to.

So as far as food goes, if I really think about it? For now? I'm just done. I'm sure there is lots more mental wrangling in my mind ahead, and I'll deal with it as it comes. But now? Today? I'm ready. Let's do this!!

I need to finish some laundry, take a shower, empty, fill, and run the dishwasher, and leave. In 30 minutes. LOLOL  R. is just going to have to wait. There's no rush--we're not picking up my mom until tomorrow afternoon.

Also:  My dress came!!!!!!!!  It's just as pretty IRL. I'm so glad. I'm sure I'll be wearing it a lot, and black can hide a multitude of sins.

If you're following along at home, my husband will post on my other blog a status update post-surgery and on Twitter as well. I'm @allthingsparkly .

I'll see you in a few days.

This is it!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck for an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery. You will hear this a lot in the near future but walk walk walk and sip sip sip!!!! Get your fluids in and get yourself walking as it will make healing so much easier! (And use that walker for balance!)

    ReplyDelete